FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

I think this picture I took could be great addon to fedora's wallpaper set..

It actually goes very well with the nodoka theme..

http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse.jpg

So what the procedure add it to the wallpaper collection.
and needed/wanted resolutions..
( 800x600, 1024x768,1600x1200,1440x900,1680x1050x 1920x1200,2560x1600 )

Here's a potential avatar material ( needs of course be resized )

Best regards
Johann B.
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:
I think this picture I took could be great addon to fedora's wallpaper
set..


Too bad we don't have an infrastructure in place (a gallery or
something) to allow people to easily submit their contributed wallpapers...



It actually goes very well with the nodoka theme..

http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse.jpg

So what the procedure add it to the wallpaper collection.
and needed/wanted resolutions..
( 800x600, 1024x768,1600x1200,1440x900,1680x1050x 1920x1200,2560x1600 )


Do we have a package like fedora-wallpapers-extra? Do we want such one?
AFAIK, we don't have a written policy about including extra wallpapers.


Here's a potential avatar material ( needs of course be resized )


--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

Nicu Buculei a Úcrit :
> Do we have a package like fedora-wallpapers-extra? Do we want such one?
> AFAIK, we don't have a written policy about including extra wallpapers.
Searching inside the wiki, here is the result:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Backgrounds/Basics

Perhaps that rule should be rewritten. One thing for sure, no offensive
wallpapers.


Luya

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:
I think this picture I took could be great addon to fedora's
wallpaper set..


Too bad we don't have an infrastructure in place (a gallery or
something) to allow people to easily submit their contributed
wallpapers...



It actually goes very well with the nodoka theme..

http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse.jpg

So what the procedure add it to the wallpaper collection.
and needed/wanted resolutions..
( 800x600, 1024x768,1600x1200,1440x900,1680x1050x 1920x1200,2560x1600 )


Do we have a package like fedora-wallpapers-extra? Do we want such one?
AFAIK, we don't have a written policy about including extra wallpapers.


Yep thats missing..

Here's a potential avatar material ( needs of course be resized )



I vote for one..

A contest maybe for each release.
Contester given certain theme to work with ( people, ocean,
animal,sky,waterfalls, etc ).
Even different category's. Best photo shot ( unmodified, No tools
allowed to *better/clean the photo or enhance* ),
Best photo shot modified ( tools allowed to enhance or better the photo
). Best wallpaper created using opensource tools.. etc

Top 3 in each category would get included in the default package..
The rest in fedora-wallpapers-extra-contest-release (
fedora-wallpapers-contest-fc9 )


Oh and heres the link I apparently forgot to post..

http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse-avatar.jpg

Best regards.
Johann B.




_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Frank Murphy
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 10:41 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:

> http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse-avatar.jpg
>
> Best regards.
> Johann B.
>

Not sure it works a picturephoto, unless abstract,
or the basis of something else.

I saved it changed the name, asked my audience "the family".

Feedback: "What is it, a camel?"

At the moment can't see is a a bgavataricon

Frank

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

Frank Murphy wrote:

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 10:41 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:


Nicu Buculei wrote:





http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse-avatar.jpg

Best regards.
Johann B.




Not sure it works a picturephoto, unless abstract,
or the basis of something else.


I saved it changed the name, asked my audience "the family".

Feedback: "What is it, a camel?"


Regardless of your family members believed it was a horse
or a camel did they like it?
Did it bring up an smile?


At the moment can't see is a a bgavataricon

Frank

Well it's not just a plain photo of a horse, but indeed nothing
spectacular,,
but then again a snowman missing his carrot and stones or these that
were submitted here

http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65 aren't that glamorous either...

Best regards.
JB
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Frank Murphy
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:28 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
> Feedback: "What is it, a camel?"
> >
> Regardless of your family members believed it was a horse
> or a camel did they like it?
> Did it bring up an smile?


No, Just Questions.

>
> > At the moment can't see is a a bgavataricon
> >
> > Frank
> >
> Well it's not just a plain photo of a horse, but indeed nothing
> spectacular,,
> but then again a snowman missing his carrot and stones or these that
> were submitted here
> http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65 aren't that glamorous either...
>

Personal Opinion Here:
It's not about being glamorous or not,
it's about filling a twofold need.

1: It's a statement, "This is fedora"
2: Give users an artistic experience, with provisos.
a) It doesn't distract them
b) They understand it, without the need for a written explanation.

Frank



_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

Frank Murphy wrote:

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:28 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:


Frank Murphy wrote:
Feedback: "What is it, a camel?"




Regardless of your family members believed it was a horse
or a camel did they like it?
Did it bring up an smile?




No, Just Questions.



Not the response I was hoping for but a response never the less.

Hum.. maybe I just create an poster out of it
and bring the focusing on the tongue and what it represents by some text
underneath the picture..


At the moment can't see is a a bgavataricon

Frank


Well it's not just a plain photo of a horse, but indeed nothing
spectacular,,
but then again a snowman missing his carrot and stones or these that
were submitted here

http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65 aren't that glamorous either...




Personal Opinion Here:
It's not about being glamorous or not,
it's about filling a twofold need.


1: It's a statement, "This is fedora"

How does 2 white balls aligned on top of each other, a snowman, a
keyhole, a pawn
or whatever the default avatar in gdm is suppose to be, say it's fedora
or what fedora represents.


With the whole avatar thing I feel we should pack bunch of user
contributed avatars, make a more fedora
specific one for the Default and Automatic login. And let users choose
avatar in firstboot.


Best regards
Johann B.
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

I vote for one..

A contest maybe for each release.
Contester given certain theme to work with ( people, ocean,
animal,sky,waterfalls, etc ).
Even different category's. Best photo shot ( unmodified, No tools
allowed to *better/clean the photo or enhance* ),

Might wanna have one exciting category hidden picture in picture..
For example take a look at the album art on Uriah Heep
Demons and Wizards..

Album artist site is here http://www.rogerdean.com/
Best photo shot modified ( tools allowed to enhance or better the
photo ). Best wallpaper created using opensource tools.. etc

Top 3 in each category would get included in the default package..
The rest in fedora-wallpapers-extra-contest-release (
fedora-wallpapers-contest-fc9 )


Oh and heres the link I apparently forgot to post..

http://www.hi.is/~johannbg/icelandic-horse-avatar.jpg

Best regards.
Johann B.



_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default A wallpaper material or what..

Frank Murphy wrote:

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:28 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:

Frank Murphy wrote:

At the moment can't see is a a bgavataricon

Well it's not just a plain photo of a horse, but indeed nothing
spectacular,,
but then again a snowman missing his carrot and stones or these that
were submitted here

http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65 aren't that glamorous either...



Personal Opinion Here:
It's not about being glamorous or not,
it's about filling a twofold need.


1: It's a statement, "This is fedora"


No. We are talking about avatars, the statement told by an avatar is
"this is *me*". Avatars represent people and they should fit a number of
person types.


2: Give users an artistic experience, with provisos.
a) It doesn't distract them
b) They understand it, without the need for a written explanation.


Nope. An avatar is supposed to stand-out, to help you recognize your
personality from a bung of people (your login in the face browser, your
account in the user switcher, etc.)

--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org