Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Eric Valette

Default debian-multimedia.org considered harmful, Was: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On 10/03/2012 11:14, Thomas Goirand wrote:

In where? Stable? SID? Backports? FYI, you can check all
of this easily by yourself using packages.debian.org. Or
are you trying to make the point that Debian has outdated
packages?

I ask you a question: what are the version of the packeges in debian
unstable and in debian-multimedia.org trying to be factual. I know the
answer, I just would like someone from debian to write it down ;-)

I know the version already yes. And yes debian is completely outdated.

Or even better: consider helping yourself. I don't think that
the debian multimedia maintainers ever refused help.

I do help the people providing the packages I need and currently its
debian-multimedia.

Have you heard of raspberrypi, cubox, spark, that are making the buzz.
What is demoed on it: multimedia capabilities. Will debian be
attractiive without multimedia packages: no.

It's up to *anyone* (eg: including yourself) to make this change.
And by the way, I have read many people writing that Debian
would be a very good choice for raspberry pi. I do think that
Debian Squeeze has a very nice set of packages that will make
a good fit for this platform. What do you think will be lacking
exactly?

XBMC, up to date ffmpeg at least with some non-free extensions for sure.

It's very easy to point fingers at others, without giving proof
of what you are writing, and without proposing any help.
I find this a very bad attitude.

I was not the first pointing fingers. And yes it's because I also think
it is bad attitude that I reacted.

-- eric

Old 03-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Eric Valette