Old 05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Michelle Konzack

Default Need old Packages.gz and Release Files

Am 2008-04-28 20:21:34, schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
> > If you have for example the ORIGINAL CDs/DVD's of 3.1r4 I can build the
> > package tree from there since I have all original packages I only do not
> > know which packages went included in the releases...
>
> Did anyone mention http://archive.debian.org/README yet?

Yes, but the lists are not complete.

> If you get the Packages.gz, Release and Release.gpg files from a
> CD/DVD set then you can verify them individually with the debian
> archive key from that time and then merge them into a full list and
> sign with your own key. You don't have to download anything from
> archive.debian.net if you have those index file.

As I have written, I have nearly 20 TByte of Debian packages on my
mirror and only accidently killet the /debian/dists/ directory with all
its Packages.gz, Sources.gz, Release and releases.gpg files.

I have all downloaded I have found and arround 16% of the mirror
(generaly the last releses) restored. What I am missing, are the LISTS
of the packages from the Sub-Releases like r0, r1, ...

Since I have ONLY original Debian packages and trust them because it is
a private Non-Public mirror (up to now) I need only the Lists with the
files with its version numbers which went in the Sub-Releases to create
the Symlinks and generate the NEW Packages.gz and Sources.gz files.

Since I can not use the original GPG-Key I sign the Release files with
MY GPG-Key to be sure, no one else after me has modified it.

OK, there are peoples using my mirror, BUT THEY TRUST MY KEY even if
they have not signed it, because we have never meet us personaly.

Note: If I do bad things, peoples will find it out very fast,
and my business is ancien history...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

Old 05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Jens Seidel

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 05:20:32PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> As I have written, I have nearly 20 TByte of Debian packages on my
> mirror and only accidently killet the /debian/dists/ directory with all
> its Packages.gz, Sources.gz, Release and releases.gpg files.
>
> I have all downloaded I have found and arround 16% of the mirror
> (generaly the last releses) restored. What I am missing, are the LISTS
> of the packages from the Sub-Releases like r0, r1, ...

You can use the jigdo files such as debian-40r2-i386-DVD-1.jigdo from
http://www.debian.co.il/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/jigdo-dvd/ or
http://ftp.pwr.wroc.pl/debian-iso/4.0_r1/i386/jigdo-dvd/debian-40r1-i386-DVD-1.jigdo
to extract this information. jigdo files are just gzipped text files.

At least for the 4.0 release you should be able to find jigdo files ...
I think I can send you also some older releases such as Woody in a
private mail. Have to dig ...

Jens

Old 05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Jens Seidel

Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Michelle Konzack

Hallo Jens,

Am 2008-05-05 15:29:27, schrieb Jens Seidel:
> You can use the jigdo files such as debian-40r2-i386-DVD-1.jigdo from
> http://www.debian.co.il/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/jigdo-dvd/ or
> http://ftp.pwr.wroc.pl/debian-iso/4.0_r1/i386/jigdo-dvd/debian-40r1-i386-DVD-1.jigdo
> to extract this information. jigdo files are just gzipped text files.
>
> At least for the 4.0 release you should be able to find jigdo files ...
> I think I can send you also some older releases such as Woody in a
> private mail. Have to dig ...

In some days I have back my Server online and I can give you an sftp/scp
access to upload them. I think it is better then E-Mail...

Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Michelle Konzack