Old 02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Josh Triplett

Default bits from the DPL for January 2012

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 12:51:20PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> - We got from SPI a prepaid and rechargeable credit card that we can use
> for expenses or other kind of guarantees. Many thanks to Michael
> Schulteiss, SPI treasurer, for his help with that. Using it, we've
> redeemed 10k$ of credits offered to us by Amazon, that (thanks to
> ongoing work by Lucas Nussbaum) we're going to use to make our QA
> rebuilds independent from the underlying computing infrastructure.

For the benefit of other people or projects who might want to set up
such a thing, what mechanism did SPI use to obtain this card?

- Josh Triplett

Old 02-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Stefano Zacchiroli

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 07:45:37AM -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:
> For the benefit of other people or projects who might want to set up
> such a thing, what mechanism did SPI use to obtain this card?

I understand it'd be interesting to know for other projects, but that's
really a question for SPI (and I don't know the answer anyhow). I'm sure
SPI could offer similar services to other affiliated projects and that
they'll be happy to share tips & tricks with anybody who is interested
into that.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} . o .