-   -   A package question (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/625397-package-question.html)

Svante Signell 01-26-2012 02:34 PM

A package question

Hi,

I need to install an old package, having a dependency on
libreadline5-dev. This -dev package does no longer exist, it is replaced
by libreadline-gplv2-dev. From the package description that package
conflicts with libreadline5-dev, and replaces libreadline5-dev. Still
the old package refuses to install.

Shouldn't libreadline-gpl2-dev also have a Provides: libreadline5-dev
entry? In case not, how to enable the installation of that old package.

Depends: libreadline5 (= 5.2-11), libtinfo-dev, dpkg (>= 1.15.4) |
install-info
Conflicts: libreadline-dev, libreadline5-dev
Replaces: libreadline5-dev

Maybe this is a debian-user question, but I think it is not.
Thanks!