Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Holger Levsen

Default collab-maint join requests on Alioth

On Montag, 23. Januar 2012, Enrico Zini wrote:
> in order to make collab-maint[1] applications on Alioth faster, we would
> like to introduce a super light procedure. Here it is:

very cool, thanks!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Raphael Hertzog

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012, Enrico Zini wrote:
> * What happens next?
>
> A few days after all the steps have been completed, you should get an
> email from Alioth saying that you are now a member of the collab-maint
> project.

I don't know if this has been fixed on the FusionForge side, but when I
was processing collab-maint, this was not the case. Alioth did not send
out such mails (i.e. when you accepted/declined a join request).

If that's still the case, you might want to ask the sponsor to CC his
mail to the person requesting access so that you can group reply and
inform that the request has been processed.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Philipp Kern

On 2012-01-24, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> I don't know if this has been fixed on the FusionForge side, but when I
> was processing collab-maint, this was not the case. Alioth did not send
> out such mails (i.e. when you accepted/declined a join request).

When I approved someone in another project yesterday, there was no mail. Which
surprised me a lot. (Especially as the other admins should be told that it's
handled already, so it should go both to the applicant and the project admin.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Enrico Zini

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 07:57:10AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> I don't know if this has been fixed on the FusionForge side, but when I
> was processing collab-maint, this was not the case. Alioth did not send
> out such mails (i.e. when you accepted/declined a join request).
>
> If that's still the case, you might want to ask the sponsor to CC his
> mail to the person requesting access so that you can group reply and
> inform that the request has been processed.

Good point, I really assumed that alioth would send you a notification
mail.

We can try to manually inform people when we accept them, but me being
one of those that would have to spend time doing it, I would consider
that to be a useless extra burden, as is the case with everything that
could easily be automated.

Can we have GForge send a notification mail on approval/decline, at
least for collab-maint?

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>

Old 01-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Raphael Hertzog

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Good point, I really assumed that alioth would send you a notification
> mail.
>
> We can try to manually inform people when we accept them, but me being
> one of those that would have to spend time doing it, I would consider
> that to be a useless extra burden, as is the case with everything that
> could easily be automated.
>
> Can we have GForge send a notification mail on approval/decline, at
> least for collab-maint?

FWIW, I opened
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&group_id=1&aid=304644&atid=200001
in 2007.

I think you'll have to find a way to bribe Roland or another FusionForge
hacker... :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Enrico Zini

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 02:20:15PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > Can we have GForge send a notification mail on approval/decline, at
> > least for collab-maint?
>
> FWIW, I opened
> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&group_id=1&aid=304644&atid=200001
> in 2007.
>
> I think you'll have to find a way to bribe Roland or another FusionForge
> hacker... :-)

Excellent! I'll just blame Roland and the FusionForge people, pointing
at that link, every time someone will get upset at me because I forgot
to notify them

Ciao,

Enrico

--