Old 01-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh

Default devtmpfs requirement

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 20, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>
> > But I guess the solution for this would be to have udev make /dev/r/usr
> > the real device and /dev/mapper/r-usr a symlink.
> No, because udev does not creates/renames devices anymore.
> (This makes devtmpfs mandatory, BTW.)

Marco, at which point did Debian userspace started requiring devtmpfs?

I am not arguing about it, against it, or for it. I just need this
information to keep it in mind when compiling custom kernels.

Henrique Holschuh

Old 01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Marco d'Itri

On Jan 20, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> Marco, at which point did Debian userspace started requiring devtmpfs?
The next udev release.

--
ciao,
Marco

Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Michael Tokarev

On 20.01.2012 21:53, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 20, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Marco, at which point did Debian userspace started requiring devtmpfs?
> The next udev release.

The same which will move things to /usr ?

Thanks,

/mjt