* Package name : pythontoolkit
Version : 11.4.06
Upstream Author : T.Charrett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://pythontoolkit.sourceforge.net/
* License : GPL-3
Programming Lang: Python
Description : interactive environment for Python
PythonToolkit (PTK) is an interactive environment for Python. It was
originally designed to provide a Python based environment similar to
Matlab for scientists and engineers when used together with the numpy,
scipy and matplotlib Python packages. However it can also be used as a
general purpose interactive Python environment especially for
interactive gui programming.
It is built around a console window and simple Python source editor
and a Tool plugin system so that extra features and support for Python
packages can be easily added.
* Console window with support for multiple Python interpreters
* Engines are external processes so that each engine is completely
separated from the others and the PTK interface.
* Interactively program with different GUI toolkits (wxPython,
TkInter, pyGTK, pyQT4 and PySide).
* Builtin Python debugger integrated with tools and editor.
* Object auto-completions and calltips.
* Multi-line command editing.
* Command history (previous/next and search for partially typed
* Simple editor for code testing and scripting or everyday work.
* Set, edit and clear debugger breakpoints via the editor.
* A matlab style namespace/workspace browser tool that can be extended
to support new types and classes.
* A path manager tool to easily change the current working directory
and manage the Python search paths.
* A Python object inspector tool showing object docstring, code, and
* GUI viewers for Python data types.
* Python object importer/exporter system to save and load data easily.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com