-   -   radeon problems (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/600908-radeon-problems.html)

richard2 11-21-2011 01:07 PM

radeon problems

Hi
In order to get Gnome-shell out of fallback, I've had to install the
ati-driverinstaller from the ATI site. fglrx fails to build with the
latest RT kernel, it does build with the latest standrd amd64 kernel.
I'm now installing the snapshot from today.
the graphical installer freezes at the initial language page.
the normal is OK.
I guess the later is already know
Richard

Ben Hutchings 11-21-2011 02:01 PM

radeon problems

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 14:07 +0000, richard2 wrote:
> Hi
> In order to get Gnome-shell out of fallback, I've had to install the
> ati-driverinstaller from the ATI site. fglrx fails to build with the
> latest RT kernel, it does build with the latest standrd amd64 kernel.

We don't support fglrx. Talk to AMD if you have problems with it, but I
doubt they are interested in supporting the realtime kernel.

> I'm now installing the snapshot from today.
> the graphical installer freezes at the initial language page.
> the normal is OK.
> I guess the later is already know

The Debian installer is discussed on the debian-boot list.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Teamwork is essential - it allows you to blame someone else.