Old 11-19-2011, 12:51 PM
gearge

Default Function of bootdisk/{i386,x86_64}/grub.conf

Hi guys,

I've got a question, hope someone can help me answer.

Recent OS installation CD/DVDs that employ anaconda installer have a file called grub.conf in isolinux/ dir.

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=anaconda.git;a=blob_plain;f=bootdisk/i386/grub.conf;hb=rhel6-branch

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=anaconda.git;a=blob_plain;f=bootdisk/x86_64/grub.conf;hb=rhel6-branch

It looks like a template for the main GRUB config file; but it's not used by booty/x86.py and I found no reference to this particular grub.conf in anaconda source.

Thus, the exact function of bootdisk/{i386,x86_64}/grub.conf is unclear.

In what scenario is*this file used and how?

Thanks.

Giorgi