Old 11-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Svante Signell

Default Want to become a DM and co-maintainer

Hi,

Where/how to apply to become a co-maintainer and a maintainer? The
packages I'm interested into start with are: gnuradio and octave.
Additionally, I have not found any package for USRP yet.

Thanks!

Old 11-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Thomas Weber

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 08:54:24PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> Where/how to apply to become a co-maintainer and a maintainer? The
> packages I'm interested into start with are: gnuradio and octave.

Octave is group-maintained, the group's list is at
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-octave-devel/2011-November/thread.html

If you want to join, create an account on alioth and request to join the
group.

The above is a bit terse, so feel free to ask me if you need further
information.

Thomas

Old 11-15-2011, 08:16 AM
olivier sallou

Where/how to apply to become a co-maintainer and a maintainer? The

packages I'm interested into start with are: gnuradio and octave.

Additionally, I have not found any package for USRP yet.

At first, you will have to maintain package via a sponsor or a team. After some time, according to your sponsor, you will be able to ask to be a DM so that you are able to maintain by yourself the package.
Once ready for being a DM, you can go here:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer#Becoming_a_Debian_Maintainer

Thanks!

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1321127664.6311.24.camel@x60

--
gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438 (pgp.mit.edu)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335 D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

Old 11-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Svante Signell

Replying to the list archive mail, since I'm currently not subscribed to
debian-devel.

> From: Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org>
> Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:43:40 +0100
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 08:54:24PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Where/how to apply to become a co-maintainer and a maintainer? The
> > packages I'm interested into start with are: gnuradio and octave.
>
> Octave is group-maintained, the group's list is at
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-octave-devel/2011-November/thread.html
>
> If you want to join, create an account on alioth and request to join the
> group.

Thank you for your reply. How can I obtain an alioth account? Are these
only available for DMs, or for wannabes too?

> The above is a bit terse, so feel free to ask me if you need further
> information.

Will do, thanks!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Samuel Thibault

Svante Signell, le Thu 24 Nov 2011 22:31:25 +0100, a écrit :
> > If you want to join, create an account on alioth and request to join the
> > group.
>
> Thank you for your reply. How can I obtain an alioth account? Are these
> only available for DMs, or for wannabes too?

See alioth.debian.org: anybody can get one. It's getting added to a
group which is more difficult (but in your case, we'll probably just
do it for the porting group).

Samuel

Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Svante Signell

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 22:55 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Thu 24 Nov 2011 22:31:25 +0100, a écrit :
> > > If you want to join, create an account on alioth and request to join the
> > > group.
> >
> > Thank you for your reply. How can I obtain an alioth account? Are these
> > only available for DMs, or for wannabes too?
>
> See alioth.debian.org: anybody can get one. It's getting added to a
> group which is more difficult (but in your case, we'll probably just
> do it for the porting group).

Are you referring to the Debian GNU/Hurd port project? Looking at that
one there does not seem to be many activities in the mailing lists,
patches or bug reports lately.

I'm interested in contributing to (packaging) GNU/Octave too. Is there a
porting group for Octave? Otherwise I'll apply to join the Debian Octave
group: .../project/pkg-octave/

Old 11-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Samuel Thibault

Svante Signell, le Thu 24 Nov 2011 23:27:00 +0100, a écrit :

> > > Thank you for your reply. How can I obtain an alioth account? Are these
> > > only available for DMs, or for wannabes too?
> >
> > See alioth.debian.org: anybody can get one. It's getting added to a
> > group which is more difficult (but in your case, we'll probably just
> > do it for the porting group).
>
> Are you referring to the Debian GNU/Hurd port project? Looking at that
> one there does not seem to be many activities in the mailing lists,
> patches or bug reports lately.

Indeed, the activity usually happens on debian-hurd, simply.

> I'm interested in contributing to (packaging) GNU/Octave too. Is there a
> porting group for Octave? Otherwise I'll apply to join the Debian Octave
> group: .../project/pkg-octave/

That's probably it.

Samuel