FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Ole Wolf
 
Default Bug#646804: ITP: cheermeup -- Send affirmative messages to the user via the notification library

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Ole Wolf <wolf@blazingangles.com>


* Package name : cheermeup
Version : 0.5-1
Upstream Author : Ole Wolf <wolf@blazingangles.com>
* URL : http://debian.blazingangles.net/cheermeup.html
* License : GPLv3
Programming Lang: Bash script
Description : Send affirmative messages to the user via the notification library

Send an an affirmative message to the currently logged in users via the notification library. The affirmative messages are intended to boost the user's self-esteem by telling the user he or she is a great person, that someone loves him or her, etc.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111027110315.9502.64020.reportbug@home.blazingan gles.com">http://lists.debian.org/20111027110315.9502.64020.reportbug@home.blazingan gles.com
 
Old 10-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Steve McIntyre
 
Default Bug#646804: ITP: cheermeup -- Send affirmative messages to the user via the notification library

Ole Wolf wrote:
>Package: wnpp
>Severity: wishlist
>Owner: Ole Wolf <wolf@blazingangles.com>
>
>
>* Package name : cheermeup
> Version : 0.5-1
> Upstream Author : Ole Wolf <wolf@blazingangles.com>
>* URL : http://debian.blazingangles.net/cheermeup.html
>* License : GPLv3
> Programming Lang: Bash script
> Description : Send affirmative messages to the user via the notification library
>
>Send an an affirmative message to the currently logged in users via the notification library. The
>affirmative messages are intended to boost the user's self-esteem by telling the user he or she
>is a great person, that someone loves him or her, etc.

Seriously?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com
Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: E1RJS2Z-0003eE-SB@mail.einval.com">http://lists.debian.org/E1RJS2Z-0003eE-SB@mail.einval.com
 
Old 10-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Enrico Zini
 
Default Bug#646804: ITP: cheermeup -- Send affirmative messages to the user via the notification library

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 04:07:57PM +0000, Thomas Thurman wrote:

> In case it helps anyone's decision, I think the list of affirmative messages is short enough to
> include here:
>
> It is okay to express your needs and feelings.
[...]
> You've made people happy.

WHAT? You mean it doesn't have polygen integration?

How dare they make something like this without using polygen!


Ciao,

Enrico who's SO going to file a bug about it as soon as there is a
bug-reportable package.

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
 
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Joachim Breitner
 
Default Bug#646804: ITP: cheermeup -- Send affirmative messages to the user via the notification library

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 27.10.2011, 20:43 +0200 schrieb Enrico Zini:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 04:07:57PM +0000, Thomas Thurman wrote:
> > In case it helps anyone's decision, I think the list of affirmative messages is short enough to
> > include here:
> >
> > It is okay to express your needs and feelings.
> [...]
> > You've made people happy.
>
> WHAT? You mean it doesn't have polygen integration?
>
> How dare they make something like this without using polygen!

And then have
„It is okay to express happy people?“
Cool!

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
nomeata@debian.org | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
JID: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata
 
Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Andrea Bolognani
 
Default Bug#646804: ITP: cheermeup -- Send affirmative messages to the user via the notification library

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 09:28:05PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> > WHAT? You mean it doesn't have polygen integration?
> >
> > How dare they make something like this without using polygen!
>
> And then have
> „It is okay to express happy people?“
> Cool!

This (and the parent message) made my day.
Please make this an actual polygen grammar!

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org>
Resistance is futile, you will be garbage collected.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org