Old 10-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Ivan Shmakov

Default http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/automake/ ?

[…]

> GNU's and the inventor of AM_MAINTAINER_MODE's stance:
> http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/automake/maintainer_002dmode.html

BTW, this URI seems to me like a thing to be reported to GNU
webmasters (Cc:'ed.) The Automake manual should be (and it is)
accessible via, e. g.:

http://www.gnu.org/s/automake/manual/html_node/
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/

I was also surprised to find that the following URI's are also
valid (but not, e. g., bash/ or tar/):

http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/autoconf/
http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/gettext/
http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/libc/
http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/libtool/

If it was done on purpose, I'd suggest that the respective
“parent” page (http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/) should have
them hyperlinked.

TIA.

[…]