Bug#646059: ITP: speedpad -- ncurses tool to test, train, and increase typing speed
Owner: John Feuerstein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : speedpad
Version : 1.0
Upstream Author : John Feuerstein <email@example.com>
* URL : http://feurix.org/projects/speedpad/
* License : GPLv3
Programming Lang: Python
Description : ncurses tool to test, train, and increase typing speed
Speedpad is a small and portable, ncurses powered tool to test, train, and
increase typing speed on arbitrary text input:
* designed for intermediate to advanced level typists
* assumes that you have already learned how to touch type
* no lessons, no single words, no synthetic stuff
* tab expansion, auto indentation and syntax support to train on code
* reference speed robot (defaults to 100 WPM)
* supports CPS, CPM, WPM, PPM, and CPH/KPH metrics
* shows detailed statistics about speed and typos
* helps to find and eliminate frequent typos
Speedpad uses fortune(6) to generate quotes if no input is provided. It
dumps statistics to standard output in machine-readable format. This can
be used to visualize your progress using tools like gnuplot(1).
If you want to learn touch typing, have a look at gtypist(1) instead. If
you want to play typing games, have a look at tuxtype(1) and typespeed(1).
See also: http://code.google.com/p/speedpad/
John Feuerstein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
|All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02 PM.|
VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.