Old 10-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Default Move all to /usr

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove

I am still not 100% persuaded that this would be easy to do, but at
least I think that it has more merit than the old "move all to /"...

How much complex would it be to implement this in Debian?
Would "mv /bin/* /usr/bin/" and making it a symlink just work, without
the need to create temporary symlinks in every package as red hat plans
to do?
This reminds me a bit of the /usr/doc/ => /usr/share/doc/ transition.

--
ciao,
Marco