Old 02-18-2008, 02:20 AM
William Pitcock

Default Intent to hijack gtkglext

Hello,

The current maintainer of gtkglext has not been maintaining the package
since 2004. The last upload was in 2006 to fix an NMU, which has not
been acknowledged yet. The current package is two major versions out of
date (1.0 vs 1.2).

I need a newer version of gtkglext for various projects I am working on,
so if there is no objections within a reasonable amount of time (say a
week or so), I intend to prepare an upload and take the package.

William

Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Guus Sliepen

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:20:12PM -0600, William Pitcock wrote:

> The current maintainer of gtkglext has not been maintaining the package
> since 2004. The last upload was in 2006 to fix an NMU, which has not
> been acknowledged yet. The current package is two major versions out of
> date (1.0 vs 1.2).
>
> I need a newer version of gtkglext for various projects I am working on,
> so if there is no objections within a reasonable amount of time (say a
> week or so), I intend to prepare an upload and take the package.

If I look at bugs #363395, there have been enough delays already. Just
upload it now.

Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>

Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 AM
William Pitcock

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 11:15 +0100, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:20:12PM -0600, William Pitcock wrote:
>
> > The current maintainer of gtkglext has not been maintaining the package
> > since 2004. The last upload was in 2006 to fix an NMU, which has not
> > been acknowledged yet. The current package is two major versions out of
> > date (1.0 vs 1.2).
> >
> > I need a newer version of gtkglext for various projects I am working on,
> > so if there is no objections within a reasonable amount of time (say a
> > week or so), I intend to prepare an upload and take the package.
>
> If I look at bugs #363395, there have been enough delays already. Just
> upload it now.

I've already prepared an upload for this. It should hopefully go
sometime today.

William