Old 02-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Franklin PIAT

Default two dpkg-instances / invoking module-assistant on kernel-upgrade

On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 11:26 +0100, Patrick Scharrenberg wrote:
> So, what is the best practice to recompile kernel-modules on
> kernel-upgrades?

> Any thoughts?

What about postinst_hook in /etc/kernel-img.conf ?
manpage say's "... A script to be executed during installation after all
the symbolic links are created, but before running the bootloader."

Franklin

Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Patrick Scharrenberg

Franklin PIAT schrieb:

So, what is the best practice to recompile kernel-modules on
kernel-upgrades?

What about postinst_hook in /etc/kernel-img.conf ?
manpage say's "... A script to be executed during installation after all
the symbolic links are created, but before running the bootloader."

But I think I'm running into the same issues when installing the new
kernel. This script would be executed while dpkg is running. Since m-a
has to start another instance of dpkg to install the package it just
built, I getting the problem with two instances of dpkg.

Patrick