FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Franklin Barnett
 
Default Bug#638808: ITP: daimonin -- Daimonin is a fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) which features a large gameworld with engaging background, and is developing many fun and unique features.

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Franklin Barnett <_person_@live.com>

* Package name : daimonin
Version : 0.10.5
Upstream Author : Michael Toennies <info@daimonin.org>
* URL : http://www.daimonin.org/
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: C
Description : Daimonin is a fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online
Role-playing Game) which features a large gameworld with engaging background,
and is developing many fun and unique features. It has a 2D-isometric
perspective.

Daimonin is open-source and accepts user-contributed content such as maps,
music, art, code, and writing. It is currently in its fifth stable beta stage
in which many new features are being added.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110822020259.4294.59188.reportbug@localhost.loca ldomain">http://lists.debian.org/20110822020259.4294.59188.reportbug@localhost.loca ldomain
 
Old 08-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Evgeni Golov
 
Default Bug#638808: ITP: daimonin -- Daimonin is a fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) which features a large gameworld with engaging background, and is developing many fun and unique features.

Hi,

On 08/22/2011 04:02 AM, Franklin Barnett wrote:

> * Package name : daimonin
> Version : 0.10.5
> Upstream Author : Michael Toennies <info@daimonin.org>
> * URL : http://www.daimonin.org/
> Description : Daimonin is a fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online
> Role-playing Game) which features a large gameworld with engaging background,
> and is developing many fun and unique features. It has a 2D-isometric
> perspective.
>
> Daimonin is open-source and accepts user-contributed content such as maps,
> music, art, code, and writing. It is currently in its fifth stable beta stage
> in which many new features are being added.

Are you interested in joining the Debian Games Team [1,2] and
maintaining your package there? You would have the benefit of
experienced sponsors and other help and we would welcome every helping
hand that could help on other packages too

Regards
Evgeni

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-games/
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Games


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4E520363.5020602@debian.org">http://lists.debian.org/4E520363.5020602@debian.org
 
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Karl Goetz
 
Default Bug#638808: ITP: daimonin -- Daimonin is a fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) which features a large gameworld with engaging background, and is developing many fun and unique features.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:02:59 -0600
Franklin Barnett <_person_@live.com> wrote:

> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
> Owner: Franklin Barnett <_person_@live.com>
>
> * Package name : daimonin
> Version : 0.10.5
> Upstream Author : Michael Toennies <info@daimonin.org>
> * URL : http://www.daimonin.org/
> * License : GPL
> Programming Lang: C
> Description : Daimonin is a fantasy MMORPG (Massively
> Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) which features a large
> gameworld with engaging background, and is developing many fun and
> unique features. It has a 2D-isometric perspective.

Are you planning to package the server or just the client? Will it
include the extra data packs?

> Daimonin is open-source and accepts user-contributed content such as
> maps, music, art, code, and writing. It is currently in its fifth
> stable beta stage in which many new features are being added.

The file 'Artistic License' in the daimonin_mapmaker package (which
includes the server?) makes me worry about the dfsg freeness of some
parts. Could you get games team/legal list to offer their thoughts?
(Note neither is able to speak on behalf of the project, and ftpmasters
say of what gets in is final ).
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian contributor / gNewSense Maintainer
http://www.kgoetz.id.au
No, I won't join your social networking group
 
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 AM
_person_ Barnett
 
Default Bug#638808: ITP: daimonin -- Daimonin is a fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) which features a large gameworld with engaging background, and is developing many fun and unique features.

It seems my last message didn't make it through, so I'll repeat it.

Sure, I'd love to join the team and help out with other packages.

Currently I am planning only on packaging the client. The server and
mapmaker (bundled together so users can test their content on localhost)
have few dependencies and are fairly easy to set up. From what I
understand, all parts of the game are free and legal. The only "iffy"
area as far as I am aware is the art. However, all of our sources have
given Daimonin direct permission to use their work. For the legal stuff,
I suggest you contact Michtoen (info@daimonin.org), as I'm not the
expert on that.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org