-   -   Package for OpenAxiom (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/566335-package-openaxiom.html)

Игорь Пашев 08-20-2011 02:45 PM

Package for OpenAxiom

I have prepared packages for OpenAxiom:https://github.com/ip1981/open-axiom-debian
OpenAxiom is a descendent of the AXIOM computer algebra system.

From home page http://www.open-axiom.org/ :
OpenAxiom is an open source platform for symbolic, algebraic, and numerical computations.

It offers an interactive environment, an expressive programming language, a compiler,a large set of mathematical libraries of interest to researchers and practitioners of computational sciences.

OpenAxiom strives to support ubiquitous, advanced, high quality open source computer algebraon major operating systems, in particular major Unix variants, GNU/Linux variants, Windows,
and handheld devices. It aims at being the open source computer algebra system of choice
for research, teaching, engineering, etc.
Consider adding OpenAxiom in Debian distribution.
Any advices are strongly welcome.

Bernd Zeimetz 08-23-2011 10:37 PM

Package for OpenAxiom

Hi!

Thanks for working on improving Debian!

On 08/20/2011 04:45 PM, Игорь Пашев wrote:
> I have prepared packages for OpenAxiom:
> https://github.com/ip1981/open-axiom-debian

[..]
> Consider adding OpenAxiom in Debian distribution.

If you intend to Maintain the package in Debian, please file an ITP bug,
otherwise a RFP bug. See the 'Using wnpp' part of

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

> Any advices are strongly welcome.

If you intend to maintain the package in Debian, http://mentors.debian.net/ is a
good start.

Cheers,

Bernd

http://bzed.de http://www.debian.org
GPG Fingerprint: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F