Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Norbert Preining

Default gnome unstable hanging? gnome-utils vs g-c-c

Hi,

I wanted to ask what is going on with the gnome-utils 3.0 in unstable
that is not actually installable, because gnome-control-center from
experimental is needed. I see that the last updated to g-c-c was
in April, so I assume that there is something strange going on.

Can one of the maintainers of these packages please explain the
current status and plans?

Thanks a lot

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094

Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Josselin Mouette

Le mercredi 17 août 2011 à 06:48 +0900, Norbert Preining a écrit :
> I wanted to ask what is going on with the gnome-utils 3.0 in unstable
> that is not actually installable, because gnome-control-center from
> experimental is needed. I see that the last updated to g-c-c was
> in April, so I assume that there is something strange going on.
>
> Can one of the maintainers of these packages please explain the
> current status and plans?

It is unfortunate that gnome-utils was uploaded too soon. Actually only
gnome-font-viewer is uninstallable, the other packages from gnome-utils
are not.

--
.'`. Josselin Mouette
: :' :

Old 08-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Norbert Preining

On Mi, 17 Aug 2011, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> It is unfortunate that gnome-utils was uploaded too soon. Actually only
> gnome-font-viewer is uninstallable, the other packages from gnome-utils
> are not.

Thanks for the explanation, that is fine with me.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
What the hell, he thought, you're only young once, and
threw himself out of the window. That would at least keep
the element of surprise on his side.
--- Ford outwitting a Vogon with a rocket launcher by going
--- into another certain death situation.