Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Stephan Windmüller

Default Inactive maintainer for teamspeak packages

Hello!

For more than a half year I am monitoring the state of the non-free
teamspeak packages. A new upstream version is available for more than a
year (bug #594318) and there is also a grave bug with an attached patch
(bug #598304).

However, there has been no reply by the maintainer of the packages. All
bugs are unmodified for at least 300 days. I tried to contact him in
January but since then he did not reply.

Does anyone know something about this maintainer or the states of these
packages?

Regards
Stephan

Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Paul Wise

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Stephan Windmüller
<windy@white-hawk.de> wrote:

> Does anyone know something about this maintainer or the states of these
> packages?

It looks like he isn't active on other packages too, for eg
aircrack-ng (RC bug) or ntfs-3g (hijacked).

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 08-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Steve Langasek

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 10:27:08AM +0200, Stephan Windmüller wrote:
> For more than a half year I am monitoring the state of the non-free
> teamspeak packages. A new upstream version is available for more than a
> year (bug #594318) and there is also a grave bug with an attached patch
> (bug #598304).

> However, there has been no reply by the maintainer of the packages. All
> bugs are unmodified for at least 300 days. I tried to contact him in
> January but since then he did not reply.

> Does anyone know something about this maintainer or the states of these
> packages?

I know that teamspeak-client:amd64 should be dropped from the archive now
that we have multiarch support for all the relevant X libraries... So I
could probably be convinced to help with an NMU of the package on that
basis, though I wouldn't be interested in maintaining it.

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org

Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Jan Hauke Rahm

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 10:27:08AM +0200, Stephan Windmüller wrote:
> For more than a half year I am monitoring the state of the non-free
> teamspeak packages. A new upstream version is available for more than a
> year (bug #594318) and there is also a grave bug with an attached patch
> (bug #598304).
>
> However, there has been no reply by the maintainer of the packages. All
> bugs are unmodified for at least 300 days. I tried to contact him in
> January but since then he did not reply.
>
> Does anyone know something about this maintainer or the states of these
> packages?

Just for your information: the MIA team is aware of the situation and
trying to solve it. Getting the packages in better shape (by offering
help, possibly NMUing) is appreciated. We're trying to find a nice way
out long-term.

By the way, you can contact the MIA team at mia@qa.debian.org if you
have concerns about maintainers being inactive or unresponsive. Hints to
improve archive quality and quality of life of overworked maintainers
are always welcome.

Hauke

--
.'`. Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> www.jhr-online.de