Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Christian PERRIER

Default Debian mailing lists archives as mbox (was:

(from soc-coordination)

Quoting Sukhbir Singh (sukhbir.in@gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> Here is what we implemented during this time, in more detail:
>
> 1. Wrote a script that fetches messages for lists.debian.org from
> Gmane and then creates a mbox archive for them. This allows us to

I find it really sad that you have to do this while Debian mailing
lists archives available as mbox *do exist* (but they're only
available for DDs with accounts in Debian machines).

I understand there could be some reluctance to offering these
completely anonymously but I wonder if there could be an intermediate
way for non DDs to get access to these archives. That would also help
for the spam cleaning process (reviewing spam in one's MUA instead of
online).

CC'ed to -devel and reply-to set there