Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Jonathan Wiltshire

Default apt MD5Sum mismatch is due to multiple DNS queries!

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 05:24:59AM +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> Gentlemen, junior programmer me has finally found the reason
> behind apt's MD5Sum mismatchs: multiple DNS queries!

Could you please refrain from spamming this list with such reports? You
have done the right thing by filing a bug; that's enough to bring it to the
attention of the apt maintainers.

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire (who also notes that there are not only gentlemen
working in Debian)

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC 74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

Old 08-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Holger Levsen

Hi Jonathan,

On Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 05:24:59AM +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> > Gentlemen, junior programmer me has finally found the reason
> > behind apt's MD5Sum mismatchs: multiple DNS queries!
> Could you please refrain from spamming this list with such reports? You
> have done the right thing by filing a bug; that's enough to bring it to the
> attention of the apt maintainers.

While your comment is generally true, for this very bug I'm I'm pretty happy
Jidanni found it, reported it to the BTS and informed a wider range of people
on this very list.

Thanks Jidanni!

cheers,
Holger

Old 08-04-2011, 08:12 AM

HL> Thanks Jidanni!
Yeah, they thought I was short in the brains department, well...
* Lord Finesse - Hey Look At Shorty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ntL7f-IIk&list=PL503A259FC0B1F2FB