-   -   autopkgtest / DEP8 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/558797-autopkgtest-dep8.html)

Ian Jackson 07-30-2011 05:33 PM

autopkgtest / DEP8

I have just uploaded what I have called autopkgtest 2.0.0.
I have cured the bitrot and it now works for me on my on laptop.

It's in unstable (well, incoming right now) but you can install and
use the package on squeeze. I've also pushed it to my git branch
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/ucgi/~ianmdlvl/git/autopkgtest.git/

I have been testing it with schroot's LVM snapshots and there's a
README.schroot-setup which gives instructions for setting that up.
It also gives the URL of the patched mawk package.

If you don't want to bother with snapshots and lvm and so forth you
can just use the "null" virtualisation server to run tests on your
laptop/workstation.

Stefano has apparently set up an alioth project, and I expect the
master autopkgtest git branch to move there RSN.

I haven't been able to test the Xen virtualisation machinery, so that
may still be nonfunctional due to bitrot.

I missed my upload deadline by 2 minutes - dput finished 2 mins after
the end of the applause at the end of the debconf closing ceremony,
but I got it in under the wire :-). I will be around this evening in
Banja Luka and after that will not be available until I get online
late on Monday.

Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Ian.

Stefano Zacchiroli 07-30-2011 09:43 PM

autopkgtest / DEP8

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 06:33:42PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> It's in unstable (well, incoming right now) but you can install and
> use the package on squeeze. I've also pushed it to my git branch
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/ucgi/~ianmdlvl/git/autopkgtest.git/

Great!

> Stefano has apparently set up an alioth project, and I expect the
> master autopkgtest git branch to move there RSN.

Indeed, it has been approved a few hours ago:
<http://alioth.debian.org/projects/autopkgtest>. But I didn't manage to
find your account on alioth, so I guess you'll have to wait a couple of
weeks (of vacation) before being added as an admin. (Or ask the alioth
admin to do that, on the basis of this mail.)

> Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Thank you for resurrecting the code!

Quando anche i santi ti voltano le spalle, | . |. I've fans everywhere

Ian Jackson 08-03-2011 02:12 PM

autopkgtest / DEP8

Stefano Zacchiroli writes ("Re: autopkgtest / DEP8"):
> Indeed, it has been approved a few hours ago:
> <http://alioth.debian.org/projects/autopkgtest>. But I didn't manage to
> find your account on alioth, so I guess you'll have to wait a couple of
> weeks (of vacation) before being added as an admin. (Or ask the alioth
> admin to do that, on the basis of this mail.)

Right. I think it can live in my git for a few weeks. My alioth
account name is "iwj".

Ian.

Tollef Fog Heen 08-03-2011 05:05 PM

autopkgtest / DEP8

]] Ian Jackson

| Right. I think it can live in my git for a few weeks. My alioth
| account name is "iwj".

I've added you to the alioth project now.

--
Tollef Fog Heen