Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Juliusz Chroboczek

Default Systemd and rc2.d vs rc5.d

> What does systemctl show $service tell you?

I've now reconfigured my laptop to have identical rc?.d directories, so
I cannot easily reproduce the issue.

> | Could you point me at where exactly systemd decides which of the rc?.d
> | services to start?

> default.target

It's linked to graphical.target.

How is the right runlevel?.target pulled in?

-- Juliusz

Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Tollef Fog Heen

]] Juliusz Chroboczek

| > | Could you point me at where exactly systemd decides which of the rc?.d
| > | services to start?
|
| > default.target
|
| It's linked to graphical.target.
|
| How is the right runlevel?.target pulled in?

graphical.target Requires multi-user.target and multi-user.target has:

Names=multi-user.target runlevel5.target runlevel4.target runlevel3.target runlevel2.target

I guess that might explain why some things were started in the wrong
runlevel too.

--
Tollef Fog Heen