Old 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Joost Yervante Damad

Default O: openMSX and related packages

Hello,

I just orphaned openMSX and related packages:
openmsx, openmsx-catapult, openmsx-debugger, pasmo, cbios.

Anyone interested in taking over might want to look at them as a
cluster.

Greetings, Joost Damad

--
Joost Yervante Damad - http://damad.be/joost/

Old 07-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011, Joost Yervante Damad wrote:
> I just orphaned openMSX and related packages:
> openmsx, openmsx-catapult, openmsx-debugger, pasmo, cbios.
>
> Anyone interested in taking over might want to look at them as a
> cluster.

Hmmm, it has been a long time since I paid attention to my fudeba[1]
roots, but if nobody who is actually active at the MSX scene right now
wants the packages, I can adopt them. Or sponsor them, for that matter.

Joost, what about the other tools you orphaned? Are them useful for
Z80/MSX programming? Shouldn't them be part of the "MSX package pack"?

[1] Fnord has nothing on the Fudeba.

Henrique Holschuh

Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Joost Yervante Damad

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:26:32 -0300
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011, Joost Yervante Damad wrote:
> > I just orphaned openMSX and related packages:
> > openmsx, openmsx-catapult, openmsx-debugger, pasmo, cbios.
> >
> > Anyone interested in taking over might want to look at them as a
> > cluster.
>
> Hmmm, it has been a long time since I paid attention to my fudeba[1]
> roots, but if nobody who is actually active at the MSX scene right now
> wants the packages, I can adopt them. Or sponsor them, for that
> matter.

Hey Henrique,

I would be very very graceful if you take them over. I can get you in
touch with all helpful upstreams MSXers, most of who I know personally.

> Joost, what about the other tools you orphaned? Are them useful for
> Z80/MSX programming? Shouldn't them be part of the "MSX package
> pack"?

Only binutils-z80 is somewhat related, and was the result of an effort
by Arnold Metselaar, a known Dutch MSX guy. I don't think anyone is
actually uses it for MSX work, although it has some "popcon".

GLEW is related in the sense that it is a build dependency of openMSX.

Camelot (python-camelot) is not related at all.

Thanks, Joost