Old 07-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Aurelien Jarno

Default massive report for uninstallable FUSE packages

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 09:38:35PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> After receiving some feedback which allowed me to improve the
> template, this is the message I intend to use for the bug reports:
>
> Package: %package%
> Severity: important
> User: debian-bsd@lists.debian.org
> Usertags: kfreebsd
>
> Hi
>
> This package is not installable on kfreebsd-i386 or kfreebsd-amd64 because it
> depends unconditionally on fuse-utils.
>
> If %package% depends on fuse-utils only to ensure that FUSE support is enabled,
> please consider adjusting the dependency to something like:
>
> Depends: fuse [linux-any] | fuse4bsd [kfreebsd-any]
>
> (example uses "fuse" because fuse-utils is now a transitional package that
> depends on fuse)

I think it should be ',' instead of '|' here, there is no need for
alternative, the architecture conditionals already do the job.

--
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
aurelien@aurel32.net http://www.aurel32.net

Old 07-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Robert Millan

2011/7/20 Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
> I think it should be ',' instead of '|' here, there is no need for
> alternative, the architecture conditionals already do the job.

Hi Aurelien

You're right. I just followed existing practice, but I admit it's not
entirely consistent.

However, since this is basically cosmetical and the effect is the
same, I don't think it's worth sending an update to each of the bug
reports. But if you still want it, feel free to, I have no objection.

--
Robert Millan