Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Frank Küster

Default Debconf syntax error message that I don't understand

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Your script is setting IFS=","

Yes, indeed.

> All you need to do to fix it in your script though is to restore IFS
> before you start talking to debconf.

Doesn't work, unfortunately:

# now get rid of the commas by assigning to the positional parameters
set -x
OLD_IFS="$IFS"
IFS=', '
set $ListOfBinariesToUseLibpaper
IFS=$OLDIFS

for binary in "$@"; do
if texconfig-sys $binary paper $LibpaperPaper; then
# all is well
:
else
db_subst texlive-base/texconfig_ignorant binary "$binary"

Results in

+ OLD_IFS=

+ IFS=,
+ set pdftex dvips dvipdfmx xdvi
+ IFS=
+ texconfig-sys pdftex paper Monarch
debconf (developer): <-- X_LOADTEMPLATEFILE /var/lib/dpkg/info/ucf.templates ucf
debconf (developer): --> 0
debconf (developer): <-- X_LOADTEMPLATEFILE /var/lib/dpkg/info/ucf.templates ucf
debconf (developer): --> 0
+ :
+ texconfig-sys dvips paper Monarch
debconf (developer): <-- X_LOADTEMPLATEFILE /var/lib/dpkg/info/ucf.templates ucf
debconf (developer): --> 0
+ :
+ texconfig-sys dvipdfmx paper Monarch
texconfig: unknown PAPER `Monarch' given as argument for `texconfig dvipdfmx paper'
texconfig: try `texconfig dvipdfmx paper' for help
+ db_subst texlive-base/texconfig_ignorant binary dvipdfmx
+ _db_cmd SUBST texlive-base/texconfig_ignorant binary dvipdfmx
+ IFS= printf %s
SUBST texlive-base/texconfig_ignorantbinarydvipdfmx
+ IFS=
read -r _db_internal_line
debconf (developer): <-- SUBST texlive-base/texconfig_ignorantbinarydvipdfmx
debconf (developer): --> 20 Incorrect number of arguments
+ RET=20 Incorrect number of arguments
+ return 20
dpkg: error processing texlive-base (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 20
texlive-base

With

IFS=' '

it works, but that doesn't look right?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung

Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Joey Hess

Frank Küster wrote:
> OLD_IFS="$IFS"
> IFS=$OLDIFS

s/_//

--
see shy jo

Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Steve Langasek

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:02:33PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Doesn't work, unfortunately:

> # now get rid of the commas by assigning to the positional parameters
> set -x
> OLD_IFS="$IFS"

<snip>

> IFS=$OLDIFS

These variable names don't match,

> + IFS= printf %s
SUBST texlive-base/texconfig_ignorantbinarydvipdfmx

So that explains this output when using an empty $IFS.

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org

Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 PM
"John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell"

Steve Langasek wrote:

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:02:33PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:

Doesn't work, unfortunately:

# now get rid of the commas by assigning to the positional parameters
set -x
OLD_IFS="$IFS"

<snip>

IFS=$OLDIFS

These variable names don't match,

+ IFS= printf %s
SUBST texlive-base/texconfig_ignorantbinarydvipdfmx

So that explains this output when using an empty $IFS.

. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule # just reads in this file

# just read the file into the script. run script with

sh -x (yuour script)

too bad nobody every wrote a good sh debugger !

if you want help with IFS read the awk(1) about field separators if bash's writeup is confusing
about fields and records auto-parsed from input files. (in this case used as sh function arguments)

Old 07-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Dominique Dumont

Le Wednesday 13 July 2011 00:27:01, John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell a
écrit :
> # just read the file into the script. run script with
>
> sh -x (yuour script)
>
> too bad nobody every wrote a good sh debugger !

what about bashdb ?

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/