This idea might have been raised earlier but here goes anyway...
How about allowing the addition of build logs to the upload? Something
like <pkg-ver>_<arch>.log.gz to accompany <pkg-ver>_<arch>.deb when
the latter is uploaded.
This log would be merely put (by the incoming system) into
buildd.debian.org along with the logs generated by the various arch
specific buildds as a text file to be viewed. In particular, it will
not be on the ftp archive.
The technical aspect of this is probably easy. The social aspect is
probably more difficult ;-)
1. Since packaging is key to what we do, making the entire
process transparent seems like a good idea.
2. For binary packages that are uploaded (as opposed to
buildd built packages) this is currently a discrepancy.
1. It may expose some private information about the
developer's machine if the developer is not careful.
2. It *will* mean a change to core upload policy and
core Debian programs.
3. For some packages it will add quite a bit to the size
of the upload.
The technical aspect could perhaps be implemented without a policy
change by pushing the log to the relevant place if it is part of the