Old 07-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Harald Dunkel

Default how to divert /etc/profile?

Hi folks,

I would like to install a private package diverting
/etc/profile (to support /etc/profile.d). Problem:
There is no owner for this file.

What would you suggest?

Any helpful comment would be highly appreciated.

Harri

Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Timo Weingärtner

Hi Harald,

Am Montag, 2011-07-04 schrieb Harald Dunkel:
> I would like to install a private package diverting
> /etc/profile (to support /etc/profile.d). Problem:
> There is no owner for this file.
>
> What would you suggest?
>

> Any helpful comment would be highly appreciated.

See /usr/share/doc/base-files/README.

The version in squeeze already includes support for profile.d.

Greetings
Timo