-   -   how to divert /etc/profile? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/547909-how-divert-etc-profile.html)

Harald Dunkel 07-04-2011 09:50 AM

how to divert /etc/profile?

Hi folks,

I would like to install a private package diverting
/etc/profile (to support /etc/profile.d). Problem:
There is no owner for this file.

What would you suggest?

Any helpful comment would be highly appreciated.

Harri

Timo Weingärtner 07-04-2011 10:32 AM

how to divert /etc/profile?

Hi Harald,

Am Montag, 2011-07-04 schrieb Harald Dunkel:
> I would like to install a private package diverting
> /etc/profile (to support /etc/profile.d). Problem:
> There is no owner for this file.
>
> What would you suggest?
>

> Any helpful comment would be highly appreciated.

See /usr/share/doc/base-files/README.

The version in squeeze already includes support for profile.d.

Greetings
Timo