-   -   mumble.debian.net (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/545894-mumble-debian-net.html)

Stefano Zacchiroli 06-29-2011 07:37 AM

mumble.debian.net

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 07:34:05PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> In this update:

Thanks for this report!

> We also attempted to set up a mumble server, but it unfortunately
> didn't work at the time.

Just a head up on this, for those who missed it. During the Squeeze
release marathon, Joey Hess has set up a mumble server for the Debian
Party Line initiative [1] and for subsequent general Debian usage. I've
recently used it for GSOC mentoring and added it to the index of
*.debian.net domains [2].

There's a lot of value in adding voice calls to geek interactions---as
long as minutes are taken and posted afterwards, to avoid cutting out
others. So do not hesitate to use mumble.debian.net for this kind of
stuff! (and if you have ideas on where else the service should be
advertised, let me know)

Cheers.

[1] http://debian-party-line.branchable.com/
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianNetDomains
Quando anche i santi ti voltano le spalle, | . |. I've fans everywhere

Joey Hess 06-29-2011 04:16 PM

mumble.debian.net

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Just a head up on this, for those who missed it. During the Squeeze
> release marathon, Joey Hess has set up a mumble server for the Debian
> Party Line initiative [1] and for subsequent general Debian usage. I've
> recently used it for GSOC mentoring and added it to the index of
> *.debian.net domains [2].

Ah, I'm happy to hear people are using the server.

> There's a lot of value in adding voice calls to geek interactions---as
> long as minutes are taken and posted afterwards, to avoid cutting out
> others. So do not hesitate to use mumble.debian.net for this kind of
> stuff!

Indeed. Do let me know if you get more than 60 people on it at a time,
which is its current tested high-watermark.

--
see shy jo

Joey Hess 06-29-2011 04:16 PM

mumble.debian.net