Bug#630761: RFP: libczmq -- High-level C binding for ZeroMQ
* Package name : libczmq
Version : 1.0.0
Upstream Author : Pieter Hintjens <firstname.lastname@example.org> and others
* URL : http://czmq.zeromq.org/
* License : LGPL3+
Programming Lang: C
Description : High-level C binding for ZeroMQ
czmq (previously known as libzapi) provides a high-level C binding for
0MQ, a lightweight messaging library.
This library provides higher level abstractions on top of the base
library, with features such as:
* Work with messages as strings, individual frames, or multipart messages.
* Automatic closure of any open sockets at context termination.
* Automatic LINGER configuration of all sockets for context termination.
* Portable API for creating child threads and ØMQ pipes to talk to them.
* Simple reactor with one-off and repeated timers, and socket readers.
* System clock functions for sleeping and calculating timers.
* Easy API to get/set all socket options.
* Includes generic hash and list containers.
There are a few issues with the library: upstream makes no attempt at
versioning it yet, so the packager will either need to convince
upstream to at least use the package version in the SONAME, or find
another workaround - or in the worst case, keep it out of Debian until
upstream starts to version it properly.
I plan to package this library at some point in the not too distant
future, unless someone beats me to it (hence the RFP and not ITP).
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com