Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Sakis Kasampalis

Default oshackers.org: visualizing the operating system developers

Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Timo Juhani Lindfors

Sakis Kasampalis <faif@dtek.gr> writes:
> You are more than welcomed to register and tell us what you think!

Seems extremely slow to me. With iceweasel 3.5.16-5 on Wed Jun 15
20:07:32 UTC 2011 I only see "Artic Ocean" three times and rest of the
map is completely gray.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Josue Abarca

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:08:09PM +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Sakis Kasampalis <faif@dtek.gr> writes:
> > You are more than welcomed to register and tell us what you think!
>
> Seems extremely slow to me. With iceweasel 3.5.16-5 on Wed Jun 15
> 20:07:32 UTC 2011 I only see "Artic Ocean" three times and rest of the
> map is completely gray.

FWIW
http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.loc
http://gis.debianart.org/

Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Paul Wise

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Sakis Kasampalis <faif@dtek.gr> wrote:

> Based on the idea of http://maps.ubuntu.com/map/ my friend Efstathios
> and me (mostly consulting) developed http://oshackers.org/ - A Web
> application that can be used for visualizing the Free Software/Open
> Source operating system hackers around the world. oshackers supports
> features not included in the Ubuntu maps application, like (1)
> clustering, (2) short/detailed information about a developer by simply
> left-clicking on the system's icon,
> (3) visualization of a specific system, etc.
>
> You are more than welcomed to register and tell us what you think!

Any particular reason you aren't using OpenStreetMap?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise
http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/

Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 09:36:49AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Sakis Kasampalis <faif@dtek.gr> wrote:
>
> > Based on the idea of http://maps.ubuntu.com/map/ my friend Efstathios
> > and me (mostly consulting) developed http://oshackers.org/ - A Web
> > application that can be used for visualizing the Free Software/Open
> > Source operating system hackers around the world. oshackers supports
> > features not included in the Ubuntu maps application, like (1)
> > clustering, (2) short/detailed information about a developer by simply
> > left-clicking on the system's icon,
> > (3) visualization of a specific system, etc.
> >
> > You are more than welcomed to register and tell us what you think!
>
> Any particular reason you aren't using OpenStreetMap?

Btw, we have something similar at http://gis.debianart.org/

.'`. Tiago Bortoletto Vaz GPG : 1024D/A504FECA
: :' : http://tiagovaz.org XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
`. `' tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org IRC : tiago at OFTC
`- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS http://www.debian.org

Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Sakis Kasampalis

Old 06-16-2011, 04:48 PM