Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Goswin von Brederlow

Default Short question how to avoid creating one of two binary packages from source

Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Tried to google but did not find any useful so far. I have a package I'm
> porting, and want to create one out of two binary packages from the
> source. Is there an easy way to achieve this, e.g. by an override
> statement. Or is brute force, removing all entries of that binary
> package in debian/rules, useful? Any other way to do this, by
> architecture checks? The Architecture entry seems to be all or any only,
> and Depends does not fit either.
>
> Thanks!

The architecture can be just some archs too. But that is often something
the rules file then has to take into consideration too. If you have a
source that builds part of its packages only on some arch then this is
your answere.

Otherwise you will be out of luck. Happy editing.

MfG
Goswin

Old 06-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Svante Signell

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 13:10 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tried to google but did not find any useful so far. I have a package I'm
> > porting, and want to create one out of two binary packages from the
> > source. Is there an easy way to achieve this, e.g. by an override
> > statement. Or is brute force, removing all entries of that binary
> > package in debian/rules, useful? Any other way to do this, by
> > architecture checks? The Architecture entry seems to be all or any only,
> > and Depends does not fit either.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> The architecture can be just some archs too. But that is often something
> the rules file then has to take into consideration too. If you have a
> source that builds part of its packages only on some arch then this is
> your answere.

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to use the negative form too in
the debian/control file?

Package: ntp
Architecture: !hurd-any (instead of any)
Depends: ...

Package: ntpdate
Architecture: any

Package: ntp-doc
Architecture: all

And then change the corresponding parts of debian/rules?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Svante Signell

Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Philipp Kern

On 2011-06-10, Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to use the negative form too in
> the debian/control file?
>
> Package: ntp
> Architecture: !hurd-any (instead of any)
> Depends: ...

No, but "linux-any kfreebsd-any" might work.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Simon Paillard