Old 06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
"Andrew O. Shadoura"

Default ifupdown 0.7~alpha4 in experimental

Hello,

As some may already have noticed, the new ifupdown revision, 0.7~alpha4
entered experimental, and is successfully built at least on i386 and
amd64.

This was made possible by Roger Leigh's help and submitters of patches
that were kindly stored at the BTS. Of course, the most of work was
done by the initial author, Anthony Towns.

The most important change is, of course, the migration to /run
directory. Also, ifupdown has now better support for IPv6, and doesn't
depend on net-tools any more.

Please test it extensively and report any new issues, as well as not
fixed or not completely fixed old ones.

Here's the complete changes list:

* New maintainer.
* Removed VCS repository from the tarball (Closes: #417718).
* Add source stanza (Closes: #159884, #149395, #471834).
* Fix bashism in example script get-mac-address.sh (Closes: #518924).
* Use DebSrc3.0 source format and dh7.
* Add auto method for IPv6, fix static method (Closes: #604136).
* Update URL for Debian Reference (Closes: #610238).
* Fix typos in the man page (Closes: #384143, #415285).
* Add GRE and IPIP tunnels support (Closes: #158089).
* Fix inet/static pointopoint option (Closes: #460276).
* Add support for enabling/disabling IPv6 privacy extension
(Closes: #520576).
* Move network state file to /run/network (Closes: #389996).
* Fix init script dependencies (Closes: #607713, #601705).
* Add MTU setting for v4tunnel (Closes: #408453, #575110).
* Allow multiple interface definitions to ease work with multiple IP
per interface.
* Allow passing PPP options, pass updetach by default (Closes:
#196877).
* Add 6to4 tunnels support (Closes: #357929).
* Add CAN interface support (Closes: #584530).
* Drop 0.5.x migration script.
* Drop dependency on net-tools; suggest it instead.
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.2.

Thanks.

--
WBR, Andrew