FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Jonas Smedegaard
 
Default Bug#465369: ITP: golearn -- Debian educational browser

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>

* Package name : golearn
Version : 0.2
Upstream Author : Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org> & Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>
* URL : http://packages.debian.org/goplay
* License : GPL-2+
Programming Lang: C++
Description : Debian educational browser

GoLearn! is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that uses DebTags for easily
finding educational programs in Debian. The program uses FLTK for handling
the widgets, and libept as the backend for retrieving the data.
.
It is a simple rip-off of the excellent GoPlay!, hacked to limit to the
debtag "use::learn" and optionally filter on "field::" (instead of doing
both with "game::").



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-12-2008, 05:01 AM
Christian Perrier
 
Default Bug#465369: ITP: golearn -- Debian educational browser

Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (dr@jones.dk):
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
> Owner: Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
>
> * Package name : golearn
> Version : 0.2
> Upstream Author : Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org> & Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>
> * URL : http://packages.debian.org/goplay
> * License : GPL-2+
> Programming Lang: C++
> Description : Debian educational browser

I'm not sure whether this is really descriptive of what the program
does.

"educational packages search tool using debtags" would maybe better fit as the
software browses across the archive to search for packages
(right?). Of course it browses an archive (mroe precisely what's
listed in sources.list) of Debian packages but indeed not necessarily
*the* Debian archive.

That will probably bring the debate about "branding" here (explicitely
mention Debian) but I would at least support moving the mention of
Debian to the long description.
 
Old 02-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Jonas Smedegaard
 
Default Bug#465369: ITP: golearn -- Debian educational browser

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

clone 465369 -1
reassign -1 goplay
retitle -1 goplay: Please avoid "Debian" in short description
severity -1 minor
thanks

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 07:01:58AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
>Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (dr@jones.dk):
>> Package: wnpp
>> Severity: wishlist
>> Owner: Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
>>
>> * Package name : golearn
>> Version : 0.2
>> Upstream Author : Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org> & Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>
>> * URL : http://packages.debian.org/goplay
>> * License : GPL-2+
>> Programming Lang: C++
>> Description : Debian educational browser
>
> I'm not sure whether this is really descriptive of what the program
>does.
>
>"educational packages search tool using debtags" would maybe better fit as the
>software browses across the archive to search for packages
>(right?). Of course it browses an archive (mroe precisely what's
>listed in sources.list) of Debian packages but indeed not necessarily
>*the* Debian archive.

Thanks. That makes good sense to me (as most if not all postings I have
ever read from you!).

I am all in favor of promoting software reuse - even beyond Debian.



>That will probably bring the debate about "branding" here (explicitely
>mention Debian) but I would at least support moving the mention of
>Debian to the long description.

At least it probably applies to its origin package: GoPlay!

I've now cloned this bugreport. What do you say, Enrico and Miriam?


- Jonas

- --
Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> http://www.jones.dk/~jonas/
IT-guide dr. Jones <dr@jones.dk> http://dr.jones.dk/ +45 40843136
Debian GNU/Linux <js@debian.org> http://www.debian.org/
GnuPG(1024D/C02440B8): 9A98 C6EB C098 9ED0 3085 ECA9 9FB0 DB32 C024 40B8
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFHsaM8n7DbMsAkQLgRAj+cAJ9cmyCl4iIIlaQfHCxHK6 T7KEG/eQCgnyc9
UN27JLlLOEE+z+NY+EIz+EI=
=EKkj
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org