Bug#628746: ITP: opense-basic -- Free software ROM for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Owner: Alberto Garcia <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : opense-basic
Version : 3.03
Upstream Author : Andrew Owen
* URL : http://sourceforge.net/projects/sebasic/
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: Assembler (Z80)
Description : Free software ROM for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
OpenSE BASIC is a free software implementation of Sinclair BASIC
including many improvements over the original, while retaining a high
level of compatibility.
Its purpose is to be a free replacement ROM for the ZX Spectrum /
Timex Sinclair for use with emulators or real machines, but note that
it cannot replace 48 BASIC in computers with 32K or 64K ROMs (that
includes Spectrum 128/+2/+2A/+3).
Some of the highlights are:
* Overall fastest version of Sinclair BASIC - fully optimized for
* Fastest and most user friendly editor - with additional editing
* AY support including pseudo-interrupt driven sound.
* ULAplus support including a default palette and new commands.
* 8-bit character set support including printing characters 24-31.
* Direct machine code calls.
* BASIC access to LDIR.
* Hex and Octal number entry.
* Decimal to Hex string conversion.
* Intelligent error trapping - OK and STOP are not errors.
* More room for BASIC programs and line numbers up to 16383.
* Improved SCREEN$ handling for UDGs and 8-bit character sets.
* Improved floating-point library - faster and more accurate.
* Remains compatible with the majority of Spectrum software and
* Ability to use reserved words as variable names during
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
Archive: firstname.lastname@example.org"> http://email@example.com