Old 05-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Jonas Smedegaard

Default Ikiwiki in Haskell (Was: Semantic change for dpkg triggers?)

[dropping d-dpkg@ as recipient]

On 11-05-30 at 12:17pm, Joey Hess wrote:
> ghc libraries could need [certain kind of dpkg triggers], if any
> package depends on such a library being available to be compiled
> against at installation time. I don't know if any packages use ghc
> libraries like this currently, but I have considered writing one that
> does, if I ever found the time to rewrite ikiwiki in haskell.

Wauw!

You then consider using Pandoc? That'd be awesome!

- Jonas

* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private

Old 05-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Joachim Breitner

Hi,

Am Montag, den 30.05.2011, 18:58 +0200 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> [dropping d-dpkg@ as recipient]
>
> On 11-05-30 at 12:17pm, Joey Hess wrote:
> > ghc libraries could need [certain kind of dpkg triggers], if any
> > package depends on such a library being available to be compiled
> > against at installation time. I don't know if any packages use ghc
> > libraries like this currently, but I have considered writing one that
> > does, if I ever found the time to rewrite ikiwiki in haskell.
>
> Wauw!
>
> You then consider using Pandoc? That'd be awesome!

wouldn’t that end up being what gitit is now, given that gitit was
inspired by ikiwiki (or was it?). But the more the merrier of course!

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer

Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Jonas Smedegaard

On 11-05-30 at 10:47pm, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 30.05.2011, 18:58 +0200 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> > [dropping d-dpkg@ as recipient]
> >
> > On 11-05-30 at 12:17pm, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > ghc libraries could need [certain kind of dpkg triggers], if any
> > > package depends on such a library being available to be compiled
> > > against at installation time. I don't know if any packages use ghc
> > > libraries like this currently, but I have considered writing one
> > > that does, if I ever found the time to rewrite ikiwiki in haskell.
> >
> > Wauw!
> >
> > You then consider using Pandoc? That'd be awesome!
>
> wouldn’t that end up being what gitit is now, given that gitit was
> inspired by ikiwiki (or was it?). But the more the merrier of course!

Ikiwiki has no need for notes like this (from the Performance chapter of
gitit):

> If your wiki receives a lot of traffic or contains pages that are slow
> to render, you may want to activate caching.

compiled. The Ikiwiki compilation process includes some caching
internally, but the file serving process need no caching: Ikiwiki feels
like a wiki but the pages served are completely static!