Old 05-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Andreas Tille

Default Unable to ssh to alioth (Was: Alioth status update, take 3)

Hi,

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:35:00PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:

> We should now be in the phase where we pretend it's done, wait for the
> complaints, and fix the problems as they are reported (or laugh them off
> when they come from the too-common expectation that Alioth can be used
> to run any random stuff by anyone).

I can confirm that I was able to checkout and commit to svn.debian.org until
yesterday evening. Now it fails and the reason seems to be:

~$ ssh -v svn.debian.org
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: Roaming not allowed by server
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Offering public key: /home/tillea/.ssh/id_rsa-debian
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey).

I can login to people.debian.org and if I try from there I get:

tille@ravel:~$ ssh -v alioth.debian.org
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: Roaming not allowed by server
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Trying private key: /home/tille/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Trying private key: /home/tille/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey).

I do not have a key file on people.d.o and wanted to try password
authentication from there.

Any idea what to do?

Kind regards

Andreas.