Old 05-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Jonathan Nieder

Default install-info breaks dpkg

Hi,

Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> I know I should not do so but I forward this answers to debian-devel
> too

Thanks for asking for the help of others. Honestly I see hot heads on
both sides, and I don't see much use in rebuking anyone here except for
their communication style.

As for the bug: unfortunately it looks like a patch without the
corresponding problem described. I am closing it with this message
because I think the easiest course would be to forget about it and
file a new one.

Klaus, please see [1] and [2] for vaguely related context.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/9771
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/543992