Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Michael Biebl

Default Anonymous read-only access and Vcs-*

Am 23.05.2011 22:35, schrieb Roland Mas:
> - anonymous read-only access to the repositories is available by HTTP
> from wagner, at URLs that look like
> http://anonscm.debian.org/$scm/$project for $scm in arch bzr darcs git
> hg;
>
> - Git and Subversion also allow anonymous read-only access to the
> repositories through a dedicated protocol, with URLs such as
> git://anonscm.debian.org/$project/$project.git and
> svn://anonscm.debian.org/$project/; I can't seem to get the equivalent
> for CVS (pserver) to work right now;
> We should now be in the phase where we pretend it's done, wait for the
> complaints, and fix the problems as they are reported

It looks like

git://git.debian.org/ and
svn://svn.debian.org/

no longer work for anonymous access. That basically means that existing Vcs-*
fields are broken. I hope the old URLs still continue to work, or do you expect
maintainers to update debian/control to use the new URL scheme?

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?

Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Bernd Zeimetz

On 05/24/2011 01:00 AM, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 23.05.2011 22:35, schrieb Roland Mas:
>> - anonymous read-only access to the repositories is available by HTTP
>> from wagner, at URLs that look like
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/$scm/$project for $scm in arch bzr darcs git
>> hg;

Please provide a proper gitweb instance or at least a proxy at that url
to the anonscm gitweb instanace. Breaking a massive amount of URLs in
packages - and even worse - in upstream documentation, blog posts and
pretty much everywhere else which refers to some repositries. That is
not funyy and such massice changes without even discussing them first
makes the new alioth unusable for me.

http://bzed.de http://www.debian.org
GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F

Old 05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
James Vega

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:46:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> On 05/24/2011 01:00 AM, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > Am 23.05.2011 22:35, schrieb Roland Mas:
> >> - anonymous read-only access to the repositories is available by HTTP
> >> from wagner, at URLs that look like
> >> http://anonscm.debian.org/$scm/$project for $scm in arch bzr darcs git
> >> hg;
>
> Please provide a proper gitweb instance or at least a proxy at that url
> to the anonscm gitweb instanace.

The old URLs now redirect to the new ones, so nothing should be broken.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>

Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Mehdi Dogguy

On 25/05/2011 13:20, James Vega wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:46:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>>
>> Please provide a proper gitweb instance or at least a proxy at that url
>> to the anonscm gitweb instanace.
>
> The old URLs now redirect to the new ones, so nothing should be broken.

User-repositories are still broken though (take src:kino as an example).

Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/

Old 05-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Lucas Nussbaum

On 25/05/11 at 07:20 -0400, James Vega wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:46:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> >
> > Please provide a proper gitweb instance or at least a proxy at that url
> > to the anonscm gitweb instanace.
>
> The old URLs now redirect to the new ones, so nothing should be broken.

I must admit that I prefer shorter URLs. Wouldn't it be possible to
continue using http://{git,svn}.debian.org/ instead (without
redirection)?

Before: http://git.debian.org/?p=devscripts/devscripts.git
After: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=devscripts/devscripts.git

It also seems that repositories hosted in public_git don't show up on
gitweb anymore. Example:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/lucas/packaging-tutorial.git
I agree that most of them should be moved to a packaging team, but
sometimes it makes sense to host temporary repos in one's home.

- Lucas

Old 05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
James Vega

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 01:23:49PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 25/05/2011 13:20, James Vega wrote:
> >>
> >> Please provide a proper gitweb instance or at least a proxy at that url
> >> to the anonscm gitweb instanace.
> >
> > The old URLs now redirect to the new ones, so nothing should be broken.
> >

> User-repositories are still broken though (take src:kino as an example).

Yeah, that's a separate, known issue.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:34 AM
"Thijs Kinkhorst"

On Wed, May 25, 2011 13:20, James Vega wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:46:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> git
>>
>> Please provide a proper gitweb instance or at least a proxy at that url
>> to the anonscm gitweb instanace.
>
> The old URLs now redirect to the new ones, so nothing should be broken.

That's not quite true, examples are on http://titanpad.com/yyhfwA9Pyr and
people that experience unlisted brokenness can add more there.

Thijs

Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 07:20:01 AM James Vega wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:46:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

> > Please provide a proper gitweb instance or at least a proxy at that url
> > to the anonscm gitweb instanace.
>
> The old URLs now redirect to the new ones, so nothing should be broken.

"Will now redirect" is not the same as "unchanged". While this does change
the urgency of updating the relevant VCS- fields in debian/control, I don't
think it avoids the need to update them eventually.

Was there some discussion of this with Alioth users before it got changed?

Scott K

Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Bernd Zeimetz

On 05/25/2011 01:30 PM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I must admit that I prefer shorter URLs. Wouldn't it be possible to
> continue using http://{git,svn}.debian.org/ instead (without
> redirection)?
>
> Before: http://git.debian.org/?p=devscripts/devscripts.git
> After: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=devscripts/devscripts.git

Even better would be http://git.debian.org/devscripts/devscripts.git
which is easy to handle with some rewrites.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Stefano Zacchiroli

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 02:09:56PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> On 05/25/2011 01:30 PM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > I must admit that I prefer shorter URLs. Wouldn't it be possible to
> > continue using http://{git,svn}.debian.org/ instead (without
> > redirection)?
> >
> > Before: http://git.debian.org/?p=devscripts/devscripts.git
> > After: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=devscripts/devscripts.git
>
> Even better would be http://git.debian.org/devscripts/devscripts.git
> which is easy to handle with some rewrites.

How about posting those rewrites here or, even better, helping out the
Alioth admins to deploy them? I guess they could use some helping hands
more than a "bug report" sent to -devel.

Just my 2 cents,
Cheers.
Quando anche i santi ti voltano le spalle, | . |. I've fans everywhere