Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 PM
"Andrew O. Shadoura"

Default mcs maintainership

Hello,

Considering that Adam Cécile (Le_Vert) hasn't been doing much work on
the package in question (mcs), and that I have prepared a packaging
for the new and the last upstream version, I'd like to become a new
maintainer for the package at least for the time this package is still
in use by at least one another Debian package.

These are the changes I've made to the packaging:

* New upstream release.
* Use dh7 and DebSrc3.0:
- Drop dpatch.
- Drop README.source.
- Use dh_installdocs instead of *.links tricks.
* debian/control:
- Depend on autotools-dev (>= 20100122.1) which supports dh7.
- Update Standards-Version to 3.9.2.
- Updated the homepage.
- Updated the descriptions of the packages.
- Added Vcs-* fields.
- Purged KConfig backend.
* Ship *.symbols and *.doc-base files.
* Link with --as-needed.
* Don't output ANSI codes during the build process.
* Ship doxygened documentation (Closes: #521010):
- Run Doxygen on build.
- Also depend on LaTeX/TeXLive and Ghostscript.

Jakub Wilk agreed to sponsor this package if there will be no
objections from the current maintainer.

--
WBR, Andrew