Old 05-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Kai Wasserbäch

Default 'Alioth' status update

Dear Stephen,
Stephen Gran schrieb am 22.05.2011 12:27:
> Some bits of the infrastructure are still being bolted back together,
> and we expect to send further status updates as they happen.

I might have missed that bit of information, but does the above mean, that the
Gitweb instance will be back at git.d.o? Or do I need to change the Vcs-Browser
fields in some of my packages?

Thank you for all your work!

Kind regards,
Kai Wasserbäch

--

E-Mail: curan@debian.org
IRC: Curan

Old 05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Dominic Hargreaves

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:27:45AM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> The host we knew and loved as alioth.debian.org is no more.
>
> We are now running on two hosts, vasks.debian.org and wagner.debian.org.
>
> The writable SCM repositories are hosted on vasks.debian.org, and DNS
> has been updated to reflect that. The fingerprints for the two hosts
> are:
>
> 2048 8c:c0:b8:9f:0a:79:ee:1c:77:c4:b8:a1:70:55:b7:31 vasks.debian.org (RSA)
> 2048 36:24:36:e2:99:44:8d:39:e1:d5:36:0b:e4:1d:5d:bd wagner.debian.org (RSA)
>
> This information is also available in signed DNS, and also at
> /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts on any debian system.
>
> Some bits of the infrastructure are still being bolted back together,
> and we expect to send further status updates as they happen.

Dear Alioth admins,

Since we're now out of the time period originally announced as the
service downtime, ("late afternoon (UK time) on Sunday, May 22nd."),
please could you send another update with any ETAs you have for the
restoration of the remaining alioth services? This will help everyone
plan work in the next couple of days.

The biggest downtime that matters to me personally is mailman and the
gitweb interfaces, but I'm sure there are others. Confirmation of
which services are known to be down and planned to be restored would
be welcome all round, I think.

One particular concern I can think of is that mail service
(for lists.alioth.debian.org, and does alioth.debian.org also have
a mail service?) is brought back up soon, because after 4 days we'll
start losing mail queued on remote servers.

Thanks for your work on this!

Dominic.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Yaroslav Halchenko

I would also really appreciate any information on the status/future of
lists.a.d.o.

With best regards,
Yaroslav

Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Arnaud Quette

Hi fellows,

Stephen Gran schrieb am 22.05.2011 12:27:

> Some bits of the infrastructure are still being bolted back together,

> and we expect to send further status updates as they happen.

My (NUT) team and myself would also be interested in certificate / CA (ca.debian.org) information, and future consideration.

Ie, are we still in a transition period for certificates ?
will we be using a valid / trusted root CA in the future or keep the situation as is?
keep up your good work, and don't hesitate to drop me a mail if you feel the power protection also need an upgrade (Alioth was protected by Eaton provided UPS, that may not have moved...)

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com