Old 05-12-2011, 04:56 AM
Bryan Donlan

Default Multiple debian.org servers inaccessible over ipv6

Hi,

The IPv6 address 2607:f8f0:610:4000:211:25ff:fec4:5b28 is listed as an
AAAA record for www.debian.org, qa.debian.org, and bugs.debian.org,
but appears to be down (tested from multiple networks). As a result,
many core debian websites are inaccessible to users of ipv6-preferring
hosts; they will time out even though the IPv4 addresses are usable.

I initially noticed this with bugs.debian.org and filed a bug[1]
against its pseudo-package; however it seems to be a wider issue.
Where should I reassign this bug to, and is there any other preferred
contact address for these kinds of issues?

Thanks,

Bryan Donlan

[1] - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=626443

Old 05-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Stephen Gran

This one time, at band camp, Bryan Donlan said:
> Hi,
>
> The IPv6 address 2607:f8f0:610:4000:211:25ff:fec4:5b28 is listed as an
> AAAA record for www.debian.org, qa.debian.org, and bugs.debian.org,
> but appears to be down (tested from multiple networks). As a result,
> many core debian websites are inaccessible to users of ipv6-preferring
> hosts; they will time out even though the IPv4 addresses are usable.

It appears that one of our hosters has lost v6 connectivity. I've left a
message for them now. Thank you for noticing it.

> I initially noticed this with bugs.debian.org and filed a bug[1]
> against its pseudo-package; however it seems to be a wider issue.
> Where should I reassign this bug to, and is there any other preferred
> contact address for these kinds of issues?

debian-admin@lists.debian.org

Cheers,
| ,'`. Stephen Gran |
| : :' : sgran@debian.org |
| `. `' Debian user, admin, and developer |
| `- http://www.debian.org |