Old 05-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Joerg Jaspert

Default New Packages generator

> As we already noted in our meeting minutes, there is one difference in
> the files that you might notice: The order of the fields within one
> entry is different. This should not create any trouble with compliant
> 822 parsers, as order does not matter, but in case you do some weird
> parsing on your own relying on any special order you might want to check
> it still does what you expect.

Just to clarify: The order of the fields is static, it doesn't change per
call. It is just different to what we had. (And, you shouldnt rely on
the order anyways )

--
bye, Joerg

Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Cyril Brulebois

Hi,

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> (07/05/2011):
> As we have received no notice of errors and as we also do not see
> anything bad ourself, I just activated the new generator for the
> archive. Starting with the next dinstall run in a few minutes all
> Packages and Sources files[2] will be generated using the new tool.

is that a related breakage?

$ sudo debootstrap --arch=i386 sid sid-32 http://ftp.debian.org/debian
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Release.gpg
I: Checking Release signature
I: Valid Release signature (key id 9FED2BCBDCD29CDF762678CBAED4B06F473041FA)
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
W: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2 was corrupt
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
W: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz was corrupt
I: Retrieving Packages
E: Couldn't download dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages

Same happens with ftp{.fr,.uk,.de,}.debian.org; with i386 and amd64.

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Cyril Brulebois

Hi again,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (08/05/2011):
> is that a related breakage?
>
> [Can't debootstrap]
>
> Same happens with ftp{.fr,.uk,.de,}.debian.org; with i386 and amd64.

Also, ftp.ch.d.o exhibited the infamous Hash Sum mismatches for the
kfreebsd-i386 sid chroot on io.debian.net; switching to ftp.debian.org
doesn't help:

[sid chroot] io:~# apt-get update
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org unstable InRelease [167 kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Sources [5632 kB]
Get:3 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main kfreebsd-i386 Packages [6649 kB]
Get:4 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main TranslationIndex [2264 B]
Get:5 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Translation-fr [596 kB]
Fetched 13.0 MB in 27s (475 kB/s)
W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_S ources Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-kfreebsd-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Mraw,
KiBi.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Joerg Jaspert

>> As we have received no notice of errors and as we also do not see
>> anything bad ourself, I just activated the new generator for the
>> archive. Starting with the next dinstall run in a few minutes all
>> Packages and Sources files[2] will be generated using the new tool.
> is that a related breakage?
> $ sudo debootstrap --arch=i386 sid sid-32 http://ftp.debian.org/debianI: Retrieving Release
> I: Retrieving Release.gpg
> I: Checking Release signature
> I: Valid Release signature (key id 9FED2BCBDCD29CDF762678CBAED4B06F473041FA)
> I: Retrieving Packages
> I: Validating Packages
> W: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2 was corrupt
> I: Retrieving Packages
> I: Validating Packages
> W: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz was corrupt
> I: Retrieving Packages
> E: Couldn't download dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages
> Same happens with ftp{.fr,.uk,.de,}.debian.org; with i386 and amd64.

It wasn't. Entire different area did this.

Well. We now have a function RIGHT before the mirrorpush goes out that
does a has sum check using the InRelease files before we send the
push. Instead of assuming that noone might ever change the files between
the "rsync into public place" and "now push the mirrors".
Should help against those errors.

--
bye, Joerg
<ribnitz> Ganneff: NM-queue ist das schnellste zu uploadrechten für ein paket,