-   -   mozilla.d.n (was: Bits from the Release Team - Kicking off Wheezy) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/520290-mozilla-d-n-bits-release-team-kicking-off-wheezy.html)

Andreas Barth 04-30-2011 12:18 PM

mozilla.d.n (was: Bits from the Release Team - Kicking off Wheezy)

* Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org) [110430 13:28]:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 01:06:57PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org) [110430 12:16]:
> > > That being said, it would be really helpful to be able to get buildds
> > > to build the mozilla.d.n packages...
> >
> > Would it work to build the packages in unstable? If so, why not
> > uploading them to experimental and re-branding them in mozilla.d.n?
>
> I'm not sure to understand what you are suggesting.

The question is how could we get the packages built so that we don't
need to setup yet another buildd suite (or more general, I want to
avoid setting one suite per package). Of course, ppa would come to
rescue here, and it's really only a question of "someone would need to
write the code".

I would propose the following for now:

1. For unstable users, upload the packages to experimental, and
extract them from there once they are built.
2. For testing users, do the same (but only take the packages if they
have dependencies fullfilable in testing)
3. For stable and oldstalbe users, upload the packages to bpo, and
extract them from there.

All that can (and should) be scripted of course.

Andi