Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 PM

Default Debian Project mourns the loss of ...

Could the Debian obituaries start including the age, and cause of death
please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obituary#Contents

Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Jan Hauke Rahm

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 04:15:41AM +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> Could the Debian obituaries start including the age, and cause of death
> please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obituary#Contents

Whatever information is given in obituaries has been put there on
request (or at least their acknowledgment) of the family and friends
(some of which may be part of Debian). Please recpect their choice of
words and information given.

Thanks.
Hauke

--
.'`. Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> www.jhr-online.de
: :' : Debian Developer www.debian.org

Old 04-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Ben Finney

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Could the Debian obituaries start including the age, and cause of death
> please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obituary#Contents

−1. It's not the business of the Debian project to ask such questions of
the surviving family, nor to distribute that information without
explicit permission.

--
“I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.” —Emo Philips |
` |

Old 04-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl

Hi!

Am 27.04.2011 03:00, schrieb Ben Finney:

>> Could the Debian obituaries start including the age, and cause of death
>> please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obituary#Contents
> −1. It's not the business of the Debian project to ask such questions of
> the surviving family, nor to distribute that information without
> explicit permission.

In these cases Debian's press team doesn't care about the Wikipedia's
opinion about the content obituary, but primary for the wishes of the
family. So sorry, jidanni, in general we won't do this.

Best regards,
Alexander

Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Bastian Blank

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 04:15:41AM +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> Could the Debian obituaries start including the age, and cause of death
> please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obituary#Contents

Before demanding private information from others, you could fix your MUA
to include a name of your own.

Bastian

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell the truth.
-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9

Old 04-29-2011, 05:16 AM

BB> Before demanding private information from others, you could fix your MUA
BB> to include a name of your own.

Well you could first help by not using a "Blank" surname!

:-)