Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Andreas Noteng

Default RFH with a couple of packages

On 04/25/2011 02:17 PM, Leo 'costela' Antunes wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've recently been having some problems keeping up with my basic debian
> duties, being overwhelmed by Real Lifeā„¢ issues, so I thought it would be
> a good idea to ask for co-maintainers for a couple of my packages. I
> still very much want to keep maintaining them and would also accept
> team-maintenance, but I'll admit I'm a bit wary of big teams - where the
> responsibility can be pushed around too much - and would therefore
> prefer small teams if possible.
>
> The biggest problem is transmission[0]. It's not a complicated package,
> but it has a few FTBFSs for which I simply don't have the time right
> now. Upstream is very responsive, friendly and even proactive about
> debian bugs, so it's really just a matter of man-power.

I'd love to help out any way I can with transmission. I currently
maintain the transmission PPA on launchpad together with Krzysztof
Klimonda. If you need som real brainpower though, I'd ask Krzysztof
(CC'd). He has done a lot for the transmission packages in Ubuntu..

> The second item in my list is the statusnet ITP[1]. It has a relatively
> long story, including a packaging attempt by upstream (Evan is a DD),
> but it's been kinda stuck lately. The git repo in collab-maint included
> upstream's repo, so I decided it would be cleaner to create a new one
> with just debian stuff, which is currently here[2]. AFAICS the only
> thing missing for a first upload is the debian/copyright file, but since
> I've been pulling some late shifts for debian work lately, the chance is
> pretty high I forgot something important.
>
> And since I'm already on the subject: I also have a couple of RFAs for
> packages which probably deserve removal in the long run, but in case
> there's anyone interested...

I'll have a look and see if it's anything I'm interested in, and capable
of adopting.

Regards
Andreas Noteng