Old 04-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Andreas Metzler

Default MBF: packages using deprecated GnuTLS functions

Hello,

I am currently trying to rebuild GnuTLS rdeps against GnuTLS 2.12, this
offers the perfect opportunity for a MBF. ;-)

The newer version of GnuTLS marks a couple of interfaces as
deprecated, i.e. they will be removed in future versions of GnuTLS.
Some of these are used in many packages.

Instead of invoking a couple of functions to set connection parameters
(gnutls_protocol_set_priority gnutls_cipher_set_priority
gnutls_compression_set_priority gnutls_kx_set_priority
gnutls_mac_set_priority etc.) a combined priority string
(gnutls_priority_*) is used. The replacement functions are already
available in squeeze (2.8.6).

The MBF will probably touch about 60 packages, I will submit with
severity normal.

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'

Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 AM
Bernd Zeimetz

On 04/23/2011 08:07 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Instead of invoking a couple of functions to set connection parameters
> (gnutls_protocol_set_priority gnutls_cipher_set_priority
> gnutls_compression_set_priority gnutls_kx_set_priority
> gnutls_mac_set_priority etc.) a combined priority string
> (gnutls_priority_*) is used. The replacement functions are already
> available in squeeze (2.8.6).
>
> The MBF will probably touch about 60 packages, I will submit with
> severity normal.

I guess there is some documentation available which tells developers how to
migrate to the new functions properly - please link to it in your bug reports.

Cheers,

Bernd

http://bzed.de http://www.debian.org
GPG Fingerprint: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F

Old 04-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Andreas Metzler

Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
[...]
> The newer version of GnuTLS marks a couple of interfaces as
> deprecated, i.e. they will be removed in future versions of GnuTLS.
> Some of these are used in many packages.
[...]
> The MBF will probably touch about 60 packages, I will submit with
> severity normal.
[...]

Done. I have limited the MBF to deprecated functions whose replacement
has been available <= 2.10.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=deprecated-gnutls-2.12;users=ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org

cu andreas

so grateful to you.'